Erotic depictions of women in drawing, painting, sculpture and photography from the dawn of man to the present.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Period Venus in stockings and hat



Here is a splendid retro Venus, which was sent me by my friened Bettina, on the basis that she thought ir gave an impression of Edith Challenor from my story The Lust World.  Rather younger than Edith's forty-one years, I think, but the body shape does, indeed look right!

At first glance I assumed that this picture was probably from between about 1890 and 1910 but looking at it again I am not so sure.  The picture is very crisp with a good depth of field, her stockings don't look quite right and the white furniture would be unusual fir the period.  So, very crisp original or clever pastiche?  Whatever, it is a lovely image and certainly has the requisite flavour of my story!

2 comments: