Erotic depictions of women in drawing, painting, sculpture and photography from the dawn of man to the present.

Friday, March 31, 2017

Future Venuses





I am conscious that I have not been posting much lately and this is largely due to work commitments.  This does not mean I haven't been working on some posts, just that none are ready yet.  I had a complete disaster last week when I lost an entire post I had been working on for days.  I am now  reconstructing it, as at least all the pictures have been scanned, even if I have had  to rewrite the text!

So what is on the way for Venus Observations?





In the wink of an eye: Back door Venuses in UK Men's magazines 1 - 1971 to 1976

My long gestating piece on the rise and fall of the appearance of auses in men's magazines in the UK in the seventies.





Venus Revealed: The Pubic Wars Part 13 1981 Part 3


The next part of the Pubic Wars, covering July to September 1981 is well on the way.




Centrefold Venus of the Month 64: Janice Kane, October 1974




Another Pet of the Month in the rather pioneering, racy pictorial of English girl Janice Kane in North Africa.




Swedish naturist Venuses from Tidlösa magazine: Part 2


A piece on an interesting report published by British Naturism last year, illustrated with more fifties and sixties ladies from a Swedish naturist magazine.




Young Egyptian Venuses: The Singer and Applause by Edward Onslow Ford


Looking at two linked Victorian sculptures and what they tell us about contemporary attitudes towards young women and the interest in Egyptian themes.

I also have posts on artists Leopold Schmutzler, Jean-Frederic Schall and Delphin Enjolras in the works.

2 comments: